I’m really getting psyched for the Katonah “Time for Lunch” EAT-IN, this coming Monday, September 7th from 2-4pm! If you are in town, bring your friends and family and a locally-sourced dish to share and come celebrate Labor Day with us in downtown Katonah. Together with Slow Food Westchester, Katonah Green is coordinating a publicly staged potluck on the lawn of the First Presbyterian Church to gather support for improved school lunches nationwide.
Kids are getting ready to go back to school and this EAT-IN is a great way to get them back to thinking about their school and community, and a great way for us to re-connect with each other after the summer.
REAL FOOD LUNCH ART CONTEST
To add to the fun, at least 5 local stores and markets have donated gift certificates to sponsor a REAL FOOD LUNCH Art Contest! Bring artwork, or come make it at the potluck. Winners will be eligible to win a gift certificate and homemade goodies, and will be featured on Katonah Green! All ages may participate! Click here for details.
We’re really looking forward to sharing a meal with you!
Many thanks to:
- Independent Film-Maker Christopher Roberts for helping to organize this event. Find him on Twitter: @bewildia
- Dr. Susan Rubin Better School Food and Slow Food Westchester
- Slow Food Westchester’s dedicated volunteers
- and these stores for Gift Certificates:
- Charles Department Store
- Community Farmer’s Markets
- First Presbyterian Church, Katonah
- Gossett’s Farm Market
- Mrs. Green’s Katonah
- Nature’s Temptations
- TABLE Local Market